Friday, October 16, 2009

The Flat Classroom

I remember Dennis mentioning the Flat Classroom project in class last week. I'm hoping to do something with my class which connects them to students in other parts of the world. The flat classroom looked a bit too ambitious for me and my sixth graders, but it looks really cool! I'm not quite done exploring the site, but want to share a cool video that they have on their website. Here is the URL--of the website-- I tried to figure out how tumblr could help me share, but failed.
http://www.flatclassroomproject.org/.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ruthie,

    You might try investigating ePals.com. I'm not sure how it works, but I keep running into the ePals name, and I know it does link classrooms globally. I don't think there is a cost.

    Vickie Davis at the Flat Classroom project, I'm sure, would have lots of suggestions. It's worth emailing her. You can mention my name.

    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dennis. I had already joined epals and completed my profile tonight. I think I might also contact the folks at the Middle East Resource center at Harvard. I took a primary sources course on the Middle East and they help teachers with projects about that part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendation Ruthie. The Flat Classroom is an innovative way to link students with each other and real life situations in a global world. Our family intentionally chose to make two international moves in order to experience global living and to expose our children to diverse cultures. The Flat Classroom may provide similar opportunities if making the move is not a viable option.

    ReplyDelete