Sunday, October 18, 2009

My Education

I've actually been wanting to write about my educational experiences as a kid for a long time. I began public schools in 1967 and graduated from High School in 1980. My experiences ranged from traditional neighborhood school, to voluntary integration, forced integration, two year public school gifted program, large city high school, an alternative public middle school, and a half year at a Summerhill variety alternative private school. My experiences ran the gamut from very good, to pretty horrible. Education itself was undergoing many changes, as was the society at large. All of this had it's effect on the public schools and the students attending. So perhaps I'll use this blog for some posts on this topic.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you have some interesting insights. Please do come back to this topic.

    Dennis

    ReplyDelete